Your eyes are not deceiving you.
Pineapple Pickle Salsa. Yes you read that correctly. The trio of canned pineapple, pickled jalapenos and spicy pickles sounds super weird at first. It’s the perfect bridge between a hamburger and a taco — sweet from the pineapples, the sour flavors from both varieties of pickles and also two different types of heat.
I realize that I’m a HUGE lover of tacos, and pretty much everything Mexican food-related, yet I barely have any salsa recipes here. I promise that will change. Let me know in the comments if you would like to see more traditional, or more unique salsas!
This is our absolute favorite salsa for brisket tacos. Every time I smoke a brisket, my wife requests that I make this.
How to make Pineapple Pickle salsa
She’s the boss, so here we are.
I wanted to come up with a fun name for this pineapple pickle salsa. Jala-Pineapple? I don’t know. Naming dishes is more energy than I want to put down.
It will take you just as long to prep the salsa as it will for you to find the cans in your pantry as it will to chop up the veggies. I’m sure you will find many more uses other than just brisket, but hopefully you fall in love with the combo as much as we do.
Almost forgot… these are the pickles that I’ve tested and approved for this recipe:
- Feel free to use fresh pineapple.
- Grilled Pineapple, roasted jalapenos, with the rest of the ingredients is also tasty.
- Substitute half of the pineapple for mango.
Pair this with some of my other recipes:Print
- 2 cups fresh or canned pineapple, finely chopped
- 3 Tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- 3 Tbsp spicy pickles, minced
- 3 Tbsp pickled jalapeños, minced
- 1 Tbsp lime zest
- 1 juice of lime
- ½ tsp salt
- Mince and mix all ingredients.
- Taste, adjust, taste, adjust. Add more of whichever flavors you like. My instructions are for a basic balance but I tend to add slightly more jalapeños.
- Put into a jar and keep in the fridge up to 1 week for max freshness.
Homemade pickles are best, but I listed some options online.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 5
- Category: Sauces & Salsas
- Method: Chopping
- Cuisine: Salsa
Keywords: Salsa, Mexican, condiment, sauces