- 4 cups Smoked Pulled Ham
- 3/4 cup Chipotle Mayo (recipe below)
- 1 cup celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped scallions
- Black pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup mayo
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce
- Salt to taste
- Remove any large bits of fat from the smoked ham. Place the ham into a food processor and pulse a few times until it has been chopped into small pieces. Alternatively, you can chop the ham on a cutting board. Place the chopped ham in a large mixing bowl and set aside.
- Wipe out the food processor and add all ingredients for the chipotle mayo. Blend to mix everything and season to taste. Add extra adobo sauce from the chipotles for more heat.
- Mix the chipotle mayo into the bowl with the diced ham. Add in the celery, scallions, and season with black pepper to taste. Adjust with spices as needed.
- Serve on sandwiches, crackers, or chips. This will stay fresh in the fridge for 2-3 days.
The blog has more ideas for variations with mix-ins.
Seasoning & smoking a ham first will give you the best results. The recipe will not have the same depth of flavor using ham straight from the packaging.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Pork
- Method: Smoking
- Cuisine: Side Dish
Keywords: smoked ham, ham salad, smoked ham salad, pulled ham, pork, smoked pork, ham salad sandwich