- 2.5lb Omaha Steaks Picanha
- 2 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- Coarse salt for searing
- Preheat the sous vide immersion bath to 129°F for medium rare or 139°F for medium.
- Place the picanha, kosher salt, and smashed garlic in a vacuum-sealed bag. Seal it shut, and wait for the water to preheat. Once the water is at the target temperature, place the sealed picanha in the water. Cook for at least 2 hours, no longer than 4 hours.
- After the time is up, remove the picanha from the water bath and the bag. Pat dry.
- Heat up a cast-iron skillet medium heat, brushing with just a tbsp of oil to reduce splatter from the steaks.
- Slice into 1″ thick steaks and salt the sliced surface. Place the steaks into the skillet and sear each side for 2-3 minute until a brown crust has formed. Use tongs to turn the steaks on their sides and sear the edges (about 1 minute per edge).
- Remove the steaks and serve immediately. No need to rest the steaks when using the sous vide method.
You may season the steaks with fresh ground pepper as well. Feel free to toss in butter at the end of searing if you’d like to baste, but the steaks are already quite flavorful.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 120
- Category: Beef
- Method: sous vide
- Cuisine: steaks
Keywords: sous vide beef picanha