- 4 cups smoked shredded chicken
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and diced
- 2 ribs celery, diced
- 1/4 white onion, diced
- 1 cup smoked pecans, chopped
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise, more as needed
- Juice of 1 lime
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups pecans
- 1 tablespoon neutral oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon chipotle powder
- Smoke the pecans (optional). Toss the pecans with the oil in a small bowl. Mix the spices together and sprinkle it into the pecans, tossing again to mix evenly. Lay out the pecans on a baking sheet in an even layer and smoke for 45 minutes total, stirring halfway through. Remove and allow them to cool.
- Dice or chop the ingredients to a similar size. Add the chicken, eggs, celery, onion, and pecans to a large bowl.
- Mix the mustard, mayonnaise, and lime juice in a small bowl. Fold it into the chicken mixture until evenly coated. Add additional mayo if needed, and taste before adding salt and pepper.
- Cover and refrigerate to allow the flavors to meld for at least an hour, or even overnight. Serve on sandwiches, crackers, chips, or leafy lettuce wraps.
- Leftover smoked and shredded chicken can be used for this recipe. Read the guide on how to smoke shredded chicken.
- This recipe is a guide, so add ingredients as you need to.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Category: Chicken & Poultry
- Method: Smoking
- Cuisine: Salad
Keywords: chicken salad, smoked chicken, smoked pecans, chicken pecan salad, chicken salad sandwich