- 10 slices thick cut bacon (10-12oz package)
- 2 tbsp Sriracha
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- Preheat your smoker for low heat, 180-200°F.
- Lay out the bacon on a wire rack, giving space between each slice.
- Mix the glaze ingredients together with a whisk, making sure to get rid of any lumps of brown sugar. As the sugar dissolves it will be a much thinner liquid. Taste and adjust. Using a pastry brush, apply a thin layer of glaze on both sides of the bacon, flipping as needed.
- Place the bacon on the smoker for 2 hours, undisturbed.
- After 2 hours, blot the bacon gently with a paper towel. Flip each piece over carefully, and blot the other side. Leave the bacon to smoke for at least another 60-90 minutes.
- Check the bacon jerky for preferred doneness. It should not be completely crispy and black. There should still be a slight bend before it breaks.
You can use an oven at 200°F as an alternative. Make sure you use a wire rack with a baking sheet underneath to catch the grease.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 4 hours
- Category: Pork
- Method: Smoking
- Cuisine: Jerky
Keywords: Bacon, bacon jerky, jerky, pork, pork jerky, smoked pork, smoked jerky, candied bacon