- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chipotle powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Combine ingredients in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Whisk to make sure the sugars dissolve and don’t settle on the bottom.
- Reduce to a low simmer for about 10-15 minutes until thickened. Continue to periodically whisk. The sauce should coat the back of a spoon and will continue to thicken as it cools.
- Store the sauce in an airtight jar once cooled. This sauce will stay freshest for about 10-14 days.
- Make sure you use both Worcestershire and soy sauce. If you try to double down with one, the flavors will either be too strong or too mild.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 15
- Category: Sauces & Salsas
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: BBQ Sauce
Keywords: bbq sauce, sweet heat, smoky sweet, smoky sweet heat sauce, sweet heat bbq sauce, spicy bbq sauce