- 8 large jalapeno peppers
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temp (See Notes)
- 2 teaspoons Signature Sweet & Smoky Rub
- 16 slices thin-cut bacon
- In a large bowl mix the cream cheese, and other cheeses if using, along with the seasonings of choice.
- Slice the jalapenos in half, lengthwise. Use a metal teaspoon to scoop out the seeds and membranes.
- Fill each jalapeño cavity with the cheese mixture and press it in. The amount of cheese should just come above the cut line of the jalapeno.
- Carefully wrap each with a single piece of bacon. Make sure the cheese is completely covered if possible. This works best if the ends of the bacon are also on the bottom of the jalapeno, so they don’t unwrap.
- (optional) Season the bacon with additional BBQ seasoning on the outside.
- (optional) Place the bacon-wrapped jalapenos on a baking sheet in the fridge for 30 minutes, which helps the bacon to hold its newly formed shape. Read the notes for more details about prepping ahead of time.
- Preheat your smoker to 250°F. Please jalapeños on the grill cut-side up and smoke for 1 1/2 hours.
- Increase the heat to 350°F and Grill to crisp the bacon for about 15 minutes or until it’s done to the texture you like.
- Allow them to cool for about 5 minutes before serving, they are filled with molten cheese!
- Mix up the cheeses. Substitute up to 4 ounces of your favorite cheeses such as sharp cheddar to the cream cheese.
Prepping the Day Before
- Slice and core the jalapenos.
- Fill each of the jalapeno halves with the cream cheese mixture.
- Wrap each half with a piece of bacon tightly, making sure the cheese is covered if possible.
- Place the jalapenos in an airtight container or a baking sheet with plastic wrap in the fridge. Make sure they are cheese-side up. These can be prepared the day before.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 90 minutes
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Smoking
- Cuisine: Side Dish, Appetizer
Keywords: Smoked jalapeno popper, bacon-wrapped jalapeno popper, stuffed jalapenos, smoked stuffed jalapenos