This Smoked Grilled Ham and Cheese sandwich is a gateway to a new portfolio of indulgence. Smoky, crispy, savory, it’s just pure simple magic.
- 4 slices Artisan sourdough bread, sliced thick
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter, room temperature
- 4 slices of Smithfield® Anytime Favorites™ Quarter Ham
- 1 cup smoked gouda, shredded
- 1 cup sharp cheddar, shredded
- 2 gloves garlic, grated
- Preheat your grill or smoker to 350-375°F.
- Place the skillet in the grill to preheat as well.
- Mix the cheeses and the grated garlic together. Place an equal amount of each cheese mix onto the sandwiches. Add the slices of ham. Butter the outsides of the slices. Yes, you can’t avoid getting messsy.
- Add wood chips to the charcoal if desired.
- Place the sandwiches onto the hot skillet and press down. If you have a sandwich press, use it. Cook for about 3 minutes with the lid closed. Flip the sandwiches, and repeat. Cook longer if needed but be careful not to burn the bread.
- Slice and enjoy!
I highly recommend using a sandwich press or a grill press. This will help you create a very crispy crust on the outside.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 10
- Category: Pork
- Method: Grilling
- Cuisine: Sandwich
Keywords: grilled cheese, ham, smoking, grilling, smoked cheese, sandwich