- Pat the drumsticks dry, and apply a generous amount of seasoning to each. Place them on a wire rack with a baking sheet in the fridge, uncovered, for at least 2 hours or up to overnight.
- Preheat the smoker to 275°F. Remove the drumsticks from the fridge and allow them to come to room temp while the smoker warms up.
- Place them in the smoker when preheated, allowing them to cook for about 80-90 minutes undisturbed.
- If glazing, brush on the BBQ sauce when the drumsticks are about 165°F. Allow them to continue to smoke for another 15-20 minutes.
- Remove the drumsticks when they reach about 180-185°F. They tend to be a little more crispy, falling off the bone and easier at this higher temperature.
- Allow them to rest for 5-10 minutes and serve.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Dry Brine: 2 hours
- Cook Time: 90 minutes
- Category: Chicken & Poultry
- Method: Smoking
- Cuisine: Dinner
Keywords: smoked chicken, chicken drumsticks, smoked chicken drumsticks, smoked chicken drums, chicken legs