- 1 1/2 pounds tomatillos (about 12 medium tomatillos), husks removed, halved
- 1 cup Hatch chiles, roasted, peeled, and chopped.
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 sweet onion
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- Salt to taste, roughly 2 tsp
- Heat your grill to high heat for direct grilling. Lightly oil and clean the grates.
- Place your halved tomatillos and the onion half (still intact) on the grill, roasting each side for a few minutes until charred. The onion will take a little longer.
- Add the ingredients together in a food processor or blender, mixing until desired consistency. I recommend preparing this so it’s still chunky, so don’t blend smooth. Season to taste.
You may want to consider adding salt at the very end and seasoning to taste. Produce flavors can vary, and if you’re serving with salted chips it’s easy to overseason.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 20
- Category: Sauces & Salsas
- Method: Grilling
- Cuisine: Salsa
Keywords: salsa, salsa verde, hatch chile, hatch green chile, salsa verde recipe, roasted hatch chile, Mexican food