- 1 1/4 cups Valentina hot sauce (or preferred Mexican-style hot sauce)
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ cup cold unsalted butter, cubed
- Salt to taste
- Add all ingredients except for the butter into a saucepot. Warm on the stove at medium-low heat and whisk to incorporate the ingredients. Warm the sauce until it just starts to simmer for a couple of minutes.
- Turn the burner to the lowest setting, and add a few cubes of butter to the sauce. Whisk to melt the butter, and slowly add more and more cubes until everything has been mixed in. Shut off the burner and whisk for another minute. Taste and season to adjust.
- Allow it to cool before storing it in the fridge. Warm it up on low in a saucepan before use if it thickens too much. The sauce will stay fresh for about 7-10 days.
It is critical that the cold butter is added in at the end, slowly, while whisking. This ensures that the fats will not separate.
If the sauce is too thick, add a tiny bit of water to thin it out once you’re prepared it.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 10
- Category: Sauces & Salsas
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: BBQ Sauce
Keywords: bbq sauce, mexican hot sauce, buffalo sauce, spicy sauce, mexican buffalo sauce