- 4 slices bacon
- 2 (6-ounce) burger patties, (80/20 recommended)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 slices American cheese
- 2 glazed donuts (sliced in half lengthwise)
- Jalapeno, sliced thin (optional)
- Start cooking the bacon. Preheat your griddle to a medium-high temperature. I recommend folding the bacon into triangles before cooking, which will give optimal coverage on top of the burger. Bacon in every bite! Place the bacon strips on the griddle as it warms up, which helps to slowly render the fat. Flip the bacon as you need to, and cook until crispy.
- Season the burgers with salt and pepper, and place on the griddle. It helps to push a little indent in the middle of the burger to prevent it from bulging. Allow the burgers to cook for 1 minute, and flip. Continue to do so in this manner to build a crust and speed up the cooking process. This will take about 6-8 minutes, or until the burger is about 130-135°F for medium with a little pink.
- Add the cheese to the burgers. Once the burgers are close to their target temperature, add the cheese and turn off the burner. The cheese should melt easily from the ambient heat.
- Toast the donuts. Place the sliced donuts on the griddle and sear the flat sides for just a minute or two until toasted.
- Assemble the donut burgers with the donut, cheese burger, jalapenos, bacon, and the top bun.
- Don’t walk away when the donuts are toasting! The sugars burn quickly, and they only take a minute or two before they are toasted.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Burgers & Sandwiches
- Method: Griddle
- Cuisine: Burger
Keywords: donut burger, doughnut burger, luther burger, grilled donuts, doughnut cheeseburger, donut cheeseburger