- 1 tablespoon black peppercorns (about 1 ½ tablespoons ground)
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard seeds (about 1 ½ teaspoons ground)
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds (about 1 ¼ teaspoons ground)
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds (about 1 ¼ teaspoons ground)
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds (about 1 ¼ teaspoons ground)
- 1/3 cup kosher salt
- 1/4 cup paprika
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 3 tablespoons gochugaru
- 1 teaspoon chipotle powder
- 2 teaspoons granulated garlic
- Toast the peppercorns, mustard, cumin, coriander, and fennel seeds on a dry skillet at medium heat for a few minutes until aromatic. Remove from heat and allow them to cool.
- Add to a spice grinder and grind to a medium coarseness.
- Combine with the rest of the spices to make the seasoning blend.
- Store in an airtight container. This dry rub recipe will stay the freshest for about a month.
- Conversions are provided if you do not have whole spices. End results will not be as bold, but the measurements will be similar.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 mintues
- Category: Rubs & Seasonings
- Method: Mixing
- Cuisine: Seasoning
Keywords: seasoning, BBQ rub, Korean BBQ, Korean BBQ seasoning, dry rub recipe