- 2 lb potatoes, Yukon gold preferred
- 1 cup mayo
- 2 tbsp gochujang
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 cup kimchi, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 4 scallions, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- salt & pepper to taste
- (optional) sesame seeds and extra scallions for garnish
- Boil the potatoes. Start with salted, cold water and unpeeled potatoes. Boil for about 15-20 minutes until fork tender. Slice them in half and let them cool. Peel the potatoes and cube them.
- Make the dressing. Mix the mayo, gochujang, Dijon, and sesame oil together to incorporate well. Stir in the veggies to mix evenly, then gently stir in the potatoes once they are cooled. Taste and adjust with salt & pepper if needed.
- It’s best served the next day. Top with optional scallions and sesame seeds.
Taste your gochujang before you add it in, just in case it’s extra spicy. Don’t forget to salt and taste after you mix it all together.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 20
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Boiling
- Cuisine: Vegetables
Keywords: potato salad, kimchi, gochujang, korean bbq, spicy, side dish