- 4 Corn on the cob, husks removed
- ½ cup room temperature unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons Signature Sweet & Smoky Rub
- Kosher salt to taste
- Prepared the seasoned butter. Mix the room temp butter, BBQ seasoning, and additional salt if needed. It should be a little salty as it will be spread across the corn at the end. Keep at room temperature.
- Slice the ends off. Trim off either end of the corn cob to create a flat surface so you can stand your corn upright.
- Slice the corn cobs in half. Place a wet towel or cloth underneath the cutting board to ensure it doesn’t slip. Using a sharp knife, slice off the ends of the cob to create flat edges. Stand the corn upright. Place the edge of the blade in the center of the cob, and place your second hand on the back of the blade, pushing gently into the cob. Once the blade has started to slice it in half, carefully bang the knife into the cutting board to make it move down the middle of the corn, guiding it carefully.
TIP: Make sure your fingers are NOT under the blade, use the palm of your hand with fingers extended to push the knife down. Make sure the knife is also sharp, not blunt, which will cut through the corn easier.
- Cut the cobs into quarters. Stand up the corn cob that was sliced in half. Repeat the same process and slice it into quarters.
- Grill the corn ribs. Preheat a grill for direct grilling at medium-high. Place the corn ribs directly on the grates with the kernels facing down. Grill them for about 5-6 minutes, rotating them as needed if they start to char. After about 8-10 minutes total, they are ready to come off.
- Baste with flavored butter. Immediately baste the warm corn ribs with the seasoned butter. Now is the time to add any additional flavors such as hot sauce, cheese, or fresh herbs.
- Cutting the corn cobs in half first makes the prepping process easier, but they will be shorter.
- You can prep your corn ribs up to a day in advance and then cook them when you’re ready. Keep them refrigerated in an airtight container so the corn doesn’t dry out.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 10
- Category: Vegetables
- Method: Grilling
- Cuisine: Vegetables
Keywords: grilled corn, corn ribs, grilled corn ribs, sweetcorn ribs, corn riblets, grilled sweetcorn