This fresh chorizo recipe is incredibly easy and customizable with options for spice level or even your choice of meat.
- 2 lb ground meat, pork or beef preferred
- 1.5 cups Red Adobo Sauce
- 1/2 cup paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt, more to taste
- Make sure the Red Adobo Sauce is completely cooled, if you just make it fresh.
- Mix the ingredients together, recommend using a glass or metal bowl as this will stain.
- Test a small sample by cooking. Heat a skillet with a few drops of oil on medium heat. When the oil is shimmering, add the chorizo and cook until desired. Taste and adjust the salt.
- Keep in the fridge for up to 2 weeks. The flavors will be much stronger after sitting together overnight.
The best flavors will develop if the meat is allowed to sit overnight in the fridge after it’s mixed.
Keywords: Mexican food, chorizo, ground beef, ground pork, tacos, burritos