- 2–3 lb chicken
- 1/4 cup gochujang
- 3 tbsp orange juice
- 1 tbsp soy
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat the grill or smoker to 275F, indirect heat.
- Spatchcock the chicken to prepare for the grill (see video for step by step).
- Mix the ingredients together for the baste. Set 1/2 aside for later.
- Baste the chicken completely on both sides.
- Place chicken in the grill, allow smoking for 60-90 minutes until it registers 155F.
- Baste the chicken again on both sides, while preparing the grill for searing.
- Sear the chicken for a couple of minutes on each side, building char or grill marks. The breast should read at least 165F before removing it from the grill. It will continue to cook while resting.
Taste your gochujang beforehand to make sure it’s not too spicy, you can always adjust the baste ingredients to your taste. You do not need to prepare this hours in advance.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 90 minutes
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Smoking
- Cuisine: Korean
Keywords: Korean, chicken, smoking, grilling, spicy food