- 12 ounces carrots, peeled, julienned (about 4 cups)
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cut into matchsticks (1½ cups)
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 2 jalapeños, stemmed, seeded, minced
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Kosher salt to taste
- Shred and dice the carrots, apples, red onion, and jalapenos to your preferred sizes. Place them in a large bowl.
- Mix the mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, lemon juice, and lemon zest in a bowl. Season with black pepper and salt to taste.
- Pour the dressing into the slaw and gently mix to combine. Taste and adjust. Allow the slaw to rest in the fridge for at least 2 hours before serving.
- Jalapenos – If you want them spicier, slice them into thin rounds instead of finely dicing them. Most of the heat is in the membrane and seeds, which are typically removed when dicing.
- Onions – Soak the onions in cool water for about 10 minutes to mild out their pungent flavor if you find it overwhelming.
- Prep Time: 10
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Chopping
- Cuisine: Side Dish
Keywords: coleslaw, slaw, salad, carrots, jalapenos, apples, carrot slaw, side dish