- 1/4 cup finely chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 2 cloves garlic , finely chopped or minced
- 1/4 cup chopped dried cranberries
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt, more to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- Dice up the parsley and cilantro finely, along with the stems.
- Chop up the cranberries and mince the garlic.
- Add the ingredients to a bowl along with the spices, salt, pepper, and red wine vinegar.
- Stir the sauce with a fork, and slowly whisk in the olive oil to create an emulsion.
- Taste and adjust. The flavors develop more after the first couple of hours.
- This sauce will stay fresh in the fridge for about 2-3 weeks.
- Make sure you do not use a food processor, it will ruin the sauce. Take the time to chop!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Sauces & Salsas
- Method: Chopping
- Cuisine: Sauce
Keywords: chimichurri, cranberries, cranberry chimichurri, chimi, chimichurri sauce, condiment, steak sauce