- 3 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, or neutral oil
- 1/4 cup Signature Sweet & Smoky Rub
- 6 strips of bacon
- 3 brioche buns
- 6 slices of pepper jack cheese
- 1/2 cup of Jalapeno Ranch Dressing (recipe below)
- Handful of Sweet and Spicy Pickles
Jalapeno Ranch Dressing
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup chopped dill
- 1/4 cup chopped chives
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped pickled jalapeños
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Prep the chicken breasts. Lay them out on a sheet of plastic wrap, and place another layer on top. Using a heavy flat item, such as a cast iron skillet, carefully pound the chicken breasts to an even thickness. They do not need to be smashed flat, just evenly. Rub the oil onto both sides of the breasts, and then sprinkle the seasoning generously on both sides.
- Cook the bacon on the griddle. Turn the heat to medium and place the strips of bacon on the griddle as it’s warming up. Flip as needed, multiple times, until both sides of the bacon is crispy to your liking. You may chop the bacon into bits for the sandwich, as shown in the recipe.
- Toast the buns. Place the buns in the bacon fat and toast them for a few minutes. Carefully remove them and set aside.
- Cook the chicken breasts on the griddle. Scrape the surface clean if needed. Add the chicken breasts to the hot griddle and cook for about 5 minutes, or until it can easily be flipped with a spatula. Cook for an additional 5 minutes and check the temperature. If the chicken isn’t at least 155-158°F internally, consider covering with the griddle lid or a cheese melting dome until it’s cooked.
- Add the slices of cheese when the chicken is ready. Turn off the heat on the griddle and allow the ambient temperature to melt the cheese. Again, use the lid or dome to assist with melting.
- Assemble the sandwich with pickles, chicken and cheese, ranch, and bacon.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Chicken & Poultry
- Method: Griddle
- Cuisine: Sandwich
Keywords: chicken bacon ranch sandwich, griddled chicken, grilled chicken, bacon, chicken sandwich