- Fresh ground beef 80/20, formed into 3-ounce balls
- 2 small russet potatoes, grated
- 4 slices cheddar
- 4 slices of tomato
- 2 teaspoons Brunch Seasoning (recipe below)
- 2 teaspoons Espresso Steak Rub
- 2 eggs
- Cilantro, chopped for garnish
- 2 teaspoons celery salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon ancho chile powder
- Wash the grated potatoes immediately in a bowl with cold water. We’re removing the excess starch, so change out the water a couple of times as needed until the water is clear. Dry the potatoes or wring them out in a paper towel to get rid of excess water.
- Heat your griddle, skillet, or cooking surface to medium-high, making sure it’s clean.
- Season and cook the potatoes. Place them on your griddle pushing them down, and shaping them into individual hash brown servings. Allow them to crisp up for at least 2-3 minutes, then flip and continue to cook. Set aside when cooked.
- Clean the surface, and place the burgers down on the griddle. Season the top, and smash down with your spatula or press. Sear for just a minute until crispy, flip, and top with cheese.
- (optional) Sear the slices of tomatoes for about 60 seconds on each side.
- Alternate the burger, tomato, burger, and tomato on top of the hash brown.
- Cook the eggs to the desired temperature. Top the burgers with the eggs, and garnish with cilantro.
The spices used add major layers of flavor. You may simply use salt & pepper to keep the option simple if desired.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 10
- Category: Beef & Lamb
- Method: Griddle
- Cuisine: Burgers
Keywords: smash burger, burger, breakfast, spiceology, spices, breakfast burger, egg