- Mix the cream cheese. Add in the diced jalapenos and garlic powder. Taste and adjust.
- Cook the bacon. Add the bacon into a non-stick pan on med-low and cook slowly (This renders the fat out slowly and will crisp up nicely, the non-stick prevents the sugar from burning too fast). Season with chipotle powder and continue to cook. Right before the bacon is completely crisp, sprinkle in the brown sugar and stir to quickly caramelize. Remove and drain on a paper towel.
- Heat up a cast iron skillet or griddle to med-high heat. Season the burger with salt and pepper, then place it face down into the skillet. Season the other side with salt and pepper. For medium-rare burgers, cook the patties for about 4 minutes on each side. For medium burgers, cook an additional minute on each side. Flip the burgers only once during cooking. Allow them to rest.
- Toast the buns in the skillet briefly (use some of the bacon greases if you’d like).
- Assemble the hamburger and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 15
- Category: Beef
- Method: Skillet
- Cuisine: Burgers
Keywords: jalapeno, jalapeno popper, burger, brisket, ground beef, hamburger, spicy, chile